My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Monday, July 9, 2012

60 days is up!

OK guys. 60 days is up. Did I work out for 60 days? No. I still have two weeks worth of workouts to do! I think between the sickness, the heat, having company and other little things I went a little astray. I would rather come clean and let you all know that no, I didn't finish within the 60 days, but I sure do plan on kicking my butt and getting it done!! I was definitely thrown off course by getting sick and I feel so guilty that I didn't actually finish within the time frame. I will however, continue now that life is back to normal!

I will say however, that I did run my SECOND 5K race on Saturday and did way better than I thought I would! I ran it in 35:10 which is  about 2:30 seconds faster than my first 5K. Here's the proof (as silly as it is!! So glad thousands of people get to see this photo LOL!)
This is hilarious. I totally knew the photographer was there and I tried to smile all cute and charming and this is what I got. Maybe I should have gone for serious and determined?? Who knows, I probably would've looked like Gollum had I gone that route!  At least I was having fun! I didn't quit. I didn't stop and I finished better than I thought I would, so that right there is enough.

As far as Insanity goes. It's been a life-changing 60 days.  I have gone through such a wide array of emotions just with this one program that it's easy to look back now and say, "Ah, it wasn't a big deal." But it was. It was/is a huge deal. I finally discovered all of the amazing things my body could do with just a little pushing! I remembered how to feel. I remembered why I am important.  I found my "why."  I am not an athlete, but I am human. I feel, I love, I loathe, I self-critique, I celebrate.  I didn't quite earn the title of "Insaniac" yet, but I will.  It's taken awhile to realize that I'm OK.  My sister and I were talking a month or two ago about not getting obsessed and if it's ever going to be enough.  It's enough that I am that much closer to where I want to be. It's enough that I care. It's enough that I feel good enough to not constantly think about how my body looks.  It's so easy to over-analyze and criticize the way I look.  And then I remember, who even really cares besides me? I don't have a single soul on earth to impress.  I'm very happily married. I have 3 beautiful children.  I'm set for life!  I care about my health for my family.  I care about myself and fitness because it makes me happy and helps me relieve daily stress.  And yes, as much as I love my life, it's stressful.  So as far as two weeks worth of Max Interval/Max Cardio/Max Plyo workouts go, I'm good to go.  So as promised (and as embarrassing as this is going to be,) I have some "final" results to post! Here goes.....
I lost 5 pounds
I lost  1 1/2" off of my arms
I lost 1 1/2" off of my waist
I lost 2" off of my hips
I lost 1/2" off of my thighs
and I lost 3 1/2" off of my chest.  That's a total of 9 inches since I started Insanity. My weight has fluctuated quite a bit and I will tell you that even though the numbers don't sound that impressive, I have definitely toned up. It is evident that I build muscle super fast!  Had I finished the last two weeks, my numbers I'm SURE would be better, but these are after taking 2 weeks off.  So, here are my before and after photos. Please try not to regurgitate. And if you do, please don't tell me LOL!
Drum roll please!!!!

Before, taken approx April 25, 2012

After, taken July 9th, 2012

So there ya have it folks.  This does not mean that my journey has ended, it has just begun.  I need to maintain this outlook on life if I really want to succeed! I am happier, healthier and I know now that my body is capable of incredible things, both physically and emotionally. 

Insanity Round 2....bring it on.






No comments:

Post a Comment