My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm so uncoordinated....

So I'm on day 4 of Turbofire and I have to say that I'm not sure if I'm in love with it yet.  I don't know it's because I'm self conscious of myself trying to do all of these choreographed moves, or because I'm still a little stuck in my rut. I guess I can say that really it just matters that I'm trying to eat a healthy diet and that I'm definitely trying to at least get THROUGH the workouts.  I know that I feel better after I'm done, I just worry that I haven't done enough work. I think with INSANITY I knew how much work I'd put in by the shear sweat pouring from my body and honestly wanting to die afterwards.  The only way I can describe Chalene Johnson in Turbofire is with a clip...here it is...


I crack up everytime I see this but thats just how she is! She's this awesome little nymph jumping around my screen doing backflips on my roundhouse kicks and uppercuts. Holy cow.

Anyway, I know that it's going to take time and HARD WORK to get the moves down and really feel like I'm giving my all. Last night Ryan (my husband) walked into the room as I was doing jabs and I yelled, "Go AWAY!" because a was embarrassed for him to see me sucking so bad at what I was trying to do.  Kickboxing is effing hard. SMILING while kickboxing is even harder, so I honestly think that those girls in the video are on some sort of drug.  I'm hoping to get myself a heart rate moniter or something to that effect so I can at least track how my calories are being burned so I know if I'm working hard enough.  Its going to just be a work in progress until I find what makes me feel good and until I get to that point where I KNOW I'm giving it my all. If you were to ask me which program I like better, which one is harder, etc I would answer this way. Turbofire so far is alright, but at least with INSANITY I knew that I was doing my best and working my hardest. INSANITY definitely is a harder workout WORK wise, but Turbofire is harder for me because I'm not that quick or coordinated.  Hope that made sense.

With that said, wish me luck because today is a 55 minute class and I might just throw up.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment