My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sense of Serenity

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.

These last few days have been a whirlwind!  My beachbody coach, Kristen asked us all to think of a goal we'd like to accomplish in the next week or so. My goal was to finish my workout everyday that my company is here! Usually, I get the kids down for the mid day nap, bust out my Insanity and shower just in time for them to wake up, but since we have company staying with us, this hasn't been do-able. Saturday I KNEW was going to be a super busy day, so I went for a run instead and ran my 2 miles 5 minutes faster than I usually run it, just since starting Insanity! That's incredible to me! Then Sunday, we went shopping for a little while just to get out of the house and I was able to try on some clothes. Not only did I get to try on clothes, the clothes I put on were 1-2 sizes smaller than what I have been wearing the last few months. So, having said that, here is an amazing example of just how far things have come since I had Joseph.....

Remember this pictures? Wedding day 2009? Yeah...check this out suckers....

Yep, that's the same ugly brown dress I was wearing in the above photo...which was TIGHT on me.  That little white beauty right thar is the amazing cute little dress I got on Sunday. Can you say, "HOLY COW!?" Proof is in the pudding folks.

Now, as it is not a super modest dress, I haven't quite found anything to cover up with, so I'm not going to post a picture of me wearing yet. 

I have accepted the things I cannot change about myself. I have the courage to change the things I can and I know enough now to know the difference. I will always have stretch marks. I will always have that annoying vein in my forehead that pops when I smile. I might always have to tuck and hide things. But I have changed my attitude about myself. I have changed my body and am still working on it. I know my flaws and I know my strengths, and I love them both because they make me, me.

Last nights work out was hard. The Internet connection that I use to stream the videos from my computer to my TV kept freezing and disconnecting and I ended up taking about a half hour longer than I usually do to work out. I was SO mad! I just wanted to finish. It was 9:30 pm, I was tired and SO over it. I finally finished at 10:45. As I was showering the sweat away, I was totally at peace. I'd finished. Again. I still kept pushing play, as mad as I was. Remember last time when I said I was angry? It must have fueled my workout. I got all of that aggression out and I felt wonderful.

I am now 23 days in. I haven't taken a break, skipped or slacked. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment