My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Monday, June 4, 2012

Month 1 and DONE!

OK, I have now deleted what I've written 3 times. I'm not sure how I want to go about this post because there are so many things I want to talk about! Maybe I'll just break it down into little sections so it doesn't become a mindless ramble of my "7-hours-on-the-road-train-of-thought." 

First order of business.
           I finished a whole MONTH of Insanity only skipping ONE workout totally without bothering to make it up.  I feel like it's OK that I skipped yesterday as I was on the road all day trying to get home and by the time I even thought about doing it, it was 10 pm and I was exhausted.  That is 4 weeks of pushing play, pushing myself, crying, sweating, swearing. Done. I feel amazing and I cannot wait to see how I feel in another 5 weeks! (Not to mention how I'm gonna look!)

Secondly.
          Music.  I don't think there is anything as inspiring in life as music. The list of emotions that music can pull from you is very long.  Music can make you laugh, cry, ache, love, hurt, joyful, pensive...it's almost endless.  I mention music because it's the one thing we can count on to back us up. Really! How many times have we blasted music to fuel our emotions when we're angry, happy, pumped up, sad?  If you're unmotivated. Turn on some music. Start dancing around the house and go crazy! No one can see you and you'll feel great afterwards.  Of all the music I listened to on my trip there were two pretty cheesy songs that totally pumped me up and brought me a little more perspective. They are"

 Jason Mraz: The Remedy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0x1yBiFiUw

The lyrics are great. My favorite line is this, "You can turn off the sun, but I'm still going to shine..."

Why worry your life away?  Then there's this one.

Christina Aguilara: Fighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PstrAfoMKlc

OK, so the video is weird. As I listened to the lyrics of this song and sang along and the only person I could think of while I was singing this was.....myself. I would never be where I am today if I hadn't been who I was before. Read the lyrics.  Right here is the anger that fuels my fire.

Third thing.
        Compliments are SO humbling..and awesome. I saw family this weekend that I haven't seen in a few years and I was so humbled and grateful for the compliments that I received.  It felt amazing. Better than I've felt in years.  For the first time in years I didn't feel invisible.  Most of you that know me know that I've always been a little bit of an attention hog.  So I will selfishly and shamelessly say right now that I loved it. OK, modesty is back now.

Last thing.
        I think I have said this before, but I am so surprised and humbled by the effect my blog has had on people. I never thought that I could/would inspire others. I started this to keep myself accountable and sometimes even vent.  I am amazed at the positive response I've received from all of this.  I am grateful that others want to get back on track and start Insanity or even just start being healthier. Really truly from the bottom of my heart.  You all inspire me to keep going and to keep pushing.  I feel as though if I were to give up now or start slacking, it would all have been for nothing.

Keep pushing play. Keep making healthy choices. Kick your own butt.  Kill your self-doubts and do it. I have and I'm still getting stronger every day.  It's not a chore, it's a habit.  Your health IS important. YOU are important. YOU matter!  Whatever demons you need to fight, keep fighting.  One day at a time, right? Right.







No comments:

Post a Comment