My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Days 15, 16 and 17

I have a confession to make. I didn't work out on Tuesday. I started it but 10 minutes into it my neighbor knocked on my door asking to borrow some of my bigger jeans for her daughter. Welp, since I don't wear a size 18 anymore I let her have them!  Then of course the baby woke up and wouldn't let me put him down for the rest of the day. So, I've been feeling a little guilty. Wednesday I did the Plyometric Cardio Circut and Cardio Abs and it kicked my butt. My hair was dripping sweat, but it felt great. Today I did kind of a weird work out. I still fell guilty about not doing Tuesdays work out so I did 15 minutes of my Cardio Recover, 15 minutes of Pure Cardio (skipping the warm up) and all of Cardio Abs. All in all about 45 minutes! Then I ate like a pig. At least that's what it feels like. We had Cold Stone Creamery after taking cupcakes to Kara's school today for her birthday and then we took her to a movie where I consumed a copious amount of popcorn and coke.  Are you ready everyone? Get out your butter and salt because here comes the corn. (you like that one?)

The Avengers was amazing.  I sat there totally inspired, and Thor didn't even go shirtless in this one.  I realized something as I sat there, wide-eyed and bushy tailed. What makes each Avenger special isn't his/her super power. Each one has something deep within them that makes them totally unique and when you put them all together, it's the combination of those qualities that makes them a team. I realized that to make myself that special person I've always wanted to be, I need to hone in on each of these qualities if I truly want to shine! Let me break it down for you.

Captain America/Steve Rogers: Heart. You have to have heart and courage to stand for what is right.

Iron Man/Tony Stark: Cockiness. Behind his cocky attitude, he's a genius. He knows how special he is and he flaunts it.

Thor: Humility. He was humbled from his ignorance and gives forgiveness when others would refuse.

Black Widow: Manipulation. Now, this one is tricky. I don't mean manipulation in a negative sense. You have to work for what you want.

Hawk-Eye: Focus. He is calm, collected, focused and he never misses his shot.

And now for my favorite...

Hulk/Bruce Banner: Anger. My favorite line from the movie is this:

"I think it's about time you get angry." Tony Stark
"That's my secret. I'm always angry." Bruce Banner before he hulks out.

This really hit home for me. He is such a decent, good human being but turns into this raging monster that destroys everything in his path. It's not his fault, it's his curse.  But the point I'm trying to make is this. He controls his Hulk thing by staying angry!

I'm always angry. Sometimes it slips out and I get super mad. Sometimes I say things to those whom I love because I'm angry. I'm angry that I never did more with my life. I'm angry that I let myself do stupid things. I'm angry that I let myself get to a point where I hated myself. Damn right, I'm angry. It's how I focus that anger that's going to make a difference in my life.  I can choose to take all of my rage out on others, or I can work it out and get it under control. I can focus it. I can manipulate it. I can be cocky now because I know I'm better than I once was, because I have the heart to do it.  I don't have super powers, but I have super qualities. We all do. We all have to power to be someone great.  We don't have to hide who we are because of the fear that others may judge us.

I am every Avenger, and I am a force to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment