My new words to live by

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

Monday, May 21, 2012

Speaking of Inspiration...Days 12, 13 and 14

Whoo boy.  I just did the same fit test that I did my first day 2 weeks ago. I'm fairly impressed with myself. Two weeks ago I couldn't even do a couple of the exercises on there, namely power jumps. I hate those. You know what else I hate? Push-up jacks. Yes I hate them, but yes I did them. In fact, I'm almost certain that I did double of what I did 2 weeks ago. I didn't even bother writing down my fit test results because they were so pathetic. Now I wish I had so I could tell you all how much stronger my body is and how much higher my stamina is. Granted, my results today weren't "fabulous," but it's fabulous that #1. I finished, and #2. I didn't take a break during any of the minute long exercises. That's huge!

Now on to the really inspiring part. I have to say that I have the most amazing set of friends on earth. White, black, gay, straight, pear-shaped, boy-shaped, square-shaped. You are all beautiful. I am so incredibly humbled by the amount of support and encouragement I've been getting. I have a couple of friends who are starting the program just after hearing me talk about it.  I have so many people in my life that are such an amazing positive influence on me health wise and it makes me so happy that I can also have a positive influence on those around me.  I'm not really a name dropper so if I mention you, I hope you KNOW it's you and how proud I am of you! 

Friend #1. One of my best friends on earth. Beautiful inside and out. Has been through hell and back and has amazing strength and drive. YOU inspired me to do this and have always given me that push to make me feel better about myself inside and out. You're dirty, but I love you!

Friend #2.  Also one of my best friends on earth. I have SO been where you are now and I love you to death. I am always here for you and considering where we've both been, we've both come a long way. Your compassion and love for those with special needs inspires me to be a kinder, more accepting, loving person everyday.

Friend #3. You won't ever read this, but THANK YOU for showing me who I do not EVER want to be. I'm inspired every day by your failure and SO thankful that I'm DONE trying to be someone I wasn't.

Friend #4. We don't know eachother very well, but I'm so looking forward to getting you know you better. What you told me the other night convinced me to keep going with this blog because it has made a difference. My words mean something to someone else! Thank you! I was so humbled to hear you say those things:) I'm excited that you want to start the program as well:)

Friend #5. You also will probably never read this. I love you. You are my rock and the one person in this life that totally keeps me grounded and in line. When you have a helium balloon for a head like I do, you need that one thing to keep you tied down. You do that for me and you inspire me everyday with your unconditional love, support and guidance.  I would be lost without you by my side every day.

Ok, enough with the sappy crap. Almost. I have tried to surround myself with the kind of people I strive to be like. I am myself, but you all possess qualities within yourselves that I need to nuture within me and help grow. Patience, kindness, devotion, pure love....you all contribute beautiful things to my life and I thank you for them!

14 days and I am a happier, healthier person. Can you imagine the transformation in another 45 days? I'm catching fire! (Feel free to interpret that statement whichever way you please fellow book geeks:)



No comments:

Post a Comment